anicejester

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I dreamt of her again last night...

I dreamt of her again last night...

The mystery woman of my dreams I shall name Ichade after a woman in a series I read, because she too steals souls and captures hearts with a look.

Have you ever dreamt you were dreaming in a dream? It's a very strange occurrence and thought provoking in its meaning. I had one of these the other night. It was a dream that I was destined to have coming out of the dreaming state during particularly bad sequences. Only to pick up where I left off as I shut my eyes again, it was a fitful night to be sure. This is the dream:

I was dreaming of her again, I can see her face which changes slightly throughout the years of chase. Her hair changes colors with the mood or season, light blonde, streaked, auburn, dark brown, and blackish with red. Though her face changes shape from round to narrow and back again, her eyes remain the same. Those eyes full of love and wit; those eyes filled with all the wonders and secrets to be found within; those eyes I stare at and never get enough of…those eyes stay the same.

I dream of Ichade in a moderately length blue denim skirt that hugs her backside in all the right ways, white blouse worn tantalizingly off the shoulder, a black belt accentuates her waist. She has a blue bandana type of choker with pink accents around her neck and a pink cowgirl hat on. Her hair was blonde with streaks of light colors throughout. She was looking at me lying in bed laughing wickedly.
"I like your hat" a say to her laughter.

That's when I get hit with the thrown hair brush on my shoulder and wake up from my dreaming state while still dreaming. Ichade is looking at me lying in bed; she is standing up near an opened closet door which is darker inside than normal. Her hair is slightly darker, one side is brushed the other wild; she is wearing one of my old t-shirts that hangs to mid-thigh on her; her feet are bare.

"Who has a nice hat?" she says to me seeing my eyes open in panic, "Who were you dreaming of?" she asks me. "You Ichade, I was dreaming of you!" I reply rubbing the shoulder that took the hit. "Uh-huh" she replies smiling now moving like a lynx across the bed to retrieve her brush. Her eyes are close now, they fill my vision. She kisses me lightly without letting me return it. "Are you ready for your journey" she asks me in thought and I understand. "What journey" I say out loud just realizing that she hadn't spoken.

"The journey for the prize" she thinks to me again. "Can't I stay here with you?" I reply. "No, we are not meant to be this way. We are the best at being friends, sometimes close friends" she steals another light kiss her teeth flash a smile afterwards. Only the thoughts she wants me to hear are coming through and I realize it's her eyes that are telling me. I reach up to grip the wild side of her hair…

I am in a room with close friends each making something for me to eat, drink, or carry. Joe comes over telling me to drink a glass full of brownish slush, "It will give you strength when you need it most" he says to me. It tastes vile, like a pro basketball players sneaker soaked in fuel oil. I choke it down. Kevin gives me a button to push when I need air. Scott gives me a sharp knife to strike enemies down. On and on it goes, the last person I see is my father who puts his forehead to mine bestowing logic and wisdom, he fades from the room before I leave it…

I find myself on a narrow path that is surrounded by things that make me fear for my life. Buildings of odd shapes, windows hanging without structures in a continuous wave of shadow, small icons littler the grass, and the very path I stand on changes the longer I stare at it. I look back and the path is disappearing and death awaits those who do not move.

So I take a step and a new path emerges toward a house that looks warm and inviting. I have to make a choice; I decide to stay on the path that I am on and with my next step the warm house looks askew with skeletons' walking on the porch and others looking out the window. I know in my heart that I made the right decision…staying on the path. Death missed again…

I notice the icons are faces of women, from time to time I pick some up they stay with me for a while then fall out of a satchel that I am carrying. I look to the right and the US Flag is waving to me to come over, I take that path without hesitation. As I step into the structure I can see the multiple hallways receding from the door. I take the first one and learn the art of war…

I make it back to the front door later in life; my body is no longer lean there have been damages to it and my mind inside. Good things too I can feel but I am being forced out of the structure back to the path, wider now, but just as scary. There is only one icon in my bag; Ichade's eyes look back up at me from the satchel.

There are fewer icons on the ground but I feel that I have had more than I should have up to this point. I ignore them I feel I have the only one I need. I take two steps on the path, Ichade's icon falls out and I can't reach it to pick it up again. It saddens me; my heart aches; the rear of the path catches up to me and I must walk leaving those eyes behind.

I make choices, stepping into wall less windows and learn; I return to the path, some of the icons have become full size. The women offer me things; I accept some and reject others. I always age; I am a mature man now but still alone.

I find an icon that stays with me for awhile. When it slips away it hurts almost as much as when Ichade's did. There is no sign of Ichade anywhere I feel she is back in my friends' room watching me, but I am not sure.

I have conquered death numerous times, beaten him at his own game though sometimes it was close. Close enough to taste heaven; I am no longer afraid of dying.

I can see the end of the path and I open what appears to be the last door into a library with books filling the room from floor to ceiling. I see my name on a few of the bindings and it makes me smile. Successful and satisfied, but alone and now lonely.

There is one last door at the far wall hidden from view until now, I wonder about it? I had thought the room of books was my journeys end but maybe not. No longer fearing death I slowly open it. It's like a door that connects two hotel rooms with a small air filled space in between, the twin half door on the other side is opening too. The timing is perfect, I see her at the same time she sees me. Ichade is standing there smiling, she has been on her own journey and our prize is each other.

We are both older, time has left its mark but her eyes are the same. I smile and say what all men love to say to their women since we are so rarely correct. "I told you so" I whisper smiling. She let's me kiss her back this time…


The alarm clock goes off; it's 0630 hours and time to go fishing. I wrote notes about my dream…sometimes it's where good books come from…

I revisited the dream last night, but I did not have the fear like the first time.

Ichade is still there…


Peace be with you all

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home